Sunday, September 10, 2017

Fall walking weather

What a wonderful weekend to walk. Of course I haven't walked this weekend with TIFF being my focus. More volunteering than films this year.

Less than 2 weeks until I do the half marathon with Rorie.  I say that, but in all likelihood we will walk most of it alone.

I am not as well trained as Rorie so my goal is to finish upright and smiling  - no specific pace.  In my humble opinion it is a lovely thing to complete a race with others. There is camaraderie and support on the course and shared excitement at the finish.  High fives, wide smiles and a few aches and pains shared are shared with others.

Finishing alone is not without benefits, in my case I am immediately thankful to have a body that can move me long distances. Also a mind that can propel me forward. I also know I will have friends and family tracking my progress.  

On my last 18K walk I used an app "Pursuit" where you can broadcast your walk to others.  Its great because you receive "cheers" as you do your distance.  

Not sure if I will use the app in Montreal but I know I am not alone and I look forward to getting it done 

Enjoy the cool temps as you walk your distance this week