Monday, July 10, 2017

Surviving Long Distances

My goal is to do the Montreal marathon in September and to survive the long distances in the summer heat often alone.  Reading is part of my marathon training this year.

I found that reading about the experience of long distance training gave me a broader perspective and builds on my experience. I always learn something!

When its tough out there I refer back to something I read. It's not easy and there will be pain and doubt. And if I train well, many rewards.
 
I read a quote from a Runners World book :

"Your greatest runs are rarely measured by racing success. They are moments in time when running allows you to see how wonderful your life is  - Kara Goucher, Olympic Marathoner

Of course I read the quote changing  running to WALKING.   I often  think how lucky I am to have the time and capacity to get outside and walk a long distance.  

On a hot Saturday morning with a long distance ahead I need to be reminded and just maybe you do too.

Walk your distance this week and remember to hydrate and fuel.