Monday, July 17, 2017

Indy Weekend

I live a few blocks north of the Lakeshore on King Street.  Every year I develop a plan for dealing with the Indy.  Not only does the race close the Lakeshore, it also causes traffic to divert north to King Street and all the little streets north and south of King as people try to get where they are going.
This year my plan is to leave the car in the garage and take transit.  (This is usually my plan, unless I can get out of town.)  But the TTC thwarted me by also shutting down the subway between Jane and Ossington.  I just cannot go west!  (Well, to be fair, there are shuttle buses.)  So I had to miss meeting the group in High Park on Saturday.

I needed blogpost material though, so I looked up the Indy website to see what they could offer.  I’m sorry to tell you that it’s written in a foreign language, referring to things I cannot understand.  I can tell you there’s a Canadian driver, Parker Thompson from Alberta who might or might not be well placed in the race Sunday afternoon.  He starts in fourth position, whatever that means.  And when the race is over, they are all off to Ohio.  And I’ll be able to get my car out!